Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Aurora!!!


Saturday, May 24th, 2008 was a G-R-E-A-T day for all of us. Aurora turned one, and we had a little "party" with the few friends we've made here in Washington.

Travis got to bust out his brand new grill and cook us all his usual specialty, Hawaiian steak. VERY ono. I got us some shrimp so that I could "wow" everyone with Mom's (Abby, this means you) super delicious garlic herb buttered shrimp on skewers. Let's just say that everyone who DOES eat shellfish was coming back for more. We also had hot dogs, caesar salad, potato salad (thanks Chris, was SUPER ono!), rice, and cheesecake squares. After the preliminaries, we got out the REALLY good stuff. Lol. I made my famous "chocolate truffle". For those of you who have not tried this delicious concoction, imagine this for a minute.....layers of chocolate yummies that start with a layer of chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, cool whip, and then chopped up Heath bar, and you continue making layers of these things until you reach the top of your bowl, or until you run out of something. Everyone loved it. I'd also made white cake cupcakes, just in case there weren't chocolate lovers present, but nobody really ate the cupcakes. Nobody, except ofcourse, Ms. Birthday Girl. We also had ice cream, but there were only a couple of requests from the kids for that.

Our guests consisted of Travis' buddy from work, John, his wife Chris, their son Johnathan, and their neighbors. Being that I'm a retard with names, I forgot their names. But they were Cuban and they brought us some very good rice to go with our meal, and they offered to bring us some "real food" next time. I can't wait!! Lol.

Then there was our neighbors. Erin came by with her three girls, Ashley, Cora, and they're very little one, Phoebe. Erin's husband wasn't feeling well after an early morning fishing outing, so we got to meet him a little later on during the day.


Aurora's gifts were plentiful and satisfying to her standards, and as most of you could've guessed, she cared more about the wrapping paper in her mouth than anything else. We had Cora and Johnathan help her open all her presents because the two of them (they're both five) were anticipating the "opening presents" part of the party the WHOLE time they were there. So I told them to help Aurora get her gifts open because if we waited for her, we'd be there til Christmas. They were super awesome helpers and were sure to show Aurora all her cool stuff when they'd uncovered it.

As you can probably guess, after all the party guests departed, Aurora went down into a sugar coma, and didn't wake up til a couple hours later. I suppose the excitement was enough to knock her out. Lol. All in all, we had a blast, and wish you all could be there. Thank you friends and family that sent in gifts, cards, and called in to sing Happy Birthday to the birthday girl. :-) She doesn't know it much now, but she is one loved kid. ;-)

And in other news, I'd like to announce the newest arrival to the Nater household in Florida. His name is Kala (means "money" in Hawaiian), and he was born on Aurora's birthday, Saturday. Little Boo and her "friend" Buster had a love child (shhh, don't tell Prancer!!), and he's the cutest little thing. He's so teeny, and I can't wait to meet him tomorrow!! :-)

Ok everyone. That's all the updates for now, but as always, take care of yourselves, God Bless you all, and Alooooooooooooooooooooooha!!

-The Hynsons-

PS: I have a video of everyone singing Happy Birthday to Aurora, but it's on Travis' computer at home and I'm in Florida right now. I'll get that and the video of Aurora walking up as soon as I get home. :-)

2 comments:

Matt and Jen said...

Awwww... Great blog! I TOLD YOU she'd like the wrapping paper and boxes more than her toys! And where's the shoyu chicken??? HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY AURORA!

Mom & Dad Hynson said...

What a special day, for a precious special little girl:) We both wished to be there, but we was there in spirit! We can't wait to see her when her big gift gets there...when it gets there, lol Happy 1st Birthday (Sunshine) Aurora!